General English Courses
Business, TOEIC, TOEFL, Grammar, General English Conversation, and more ...
Each class is 2 hours.
We need to speak to you to check what days / times you are free to study. We have classes from 6 AM to midnight every day. We can change the time / day of every class if it is necessary.
If you would like to study, then please confirmas soon as possible because we are very busy. If you make an appointment, Mr. Colin can come to your office, and speak with you about the course details, and about any requirements or requests that you may have. If you have any questions, please EMAIL or telephone us.
Business & General Conversation Courses are Completely Flexible. The courses can be designed around your work to suit:
1. Your Needs & Abilities
2. The Needs of your Company
3. The Needs & Abilities of your Employees
Business & General Conversation Courses cover set business subjects, as well as any other material that you would like to include.
Basic Outline: Business & General Conversation Courses
Objective: To Increase the Fluency of the Students
1. Basic introductions / Interviewing each other / Guess Questions
2. Fundamental English I: 22 Questions
4. Video I
5. Fundamental English II: Expanding the 22 Questions
6. Meeting people for the first time (Customer, Visitor, …)
7. Detailed conversation about work (Min. 3 or 4 Classes)
8. Descriptions, & asking for or explaining about something when you don't know the word
9. Comparative & Superlative Conversation
10. Getting everyone to have a basic conversation together (Hobbies, Education, Work, Future Plans, Holidays, …)
11. If Clauses I
13. Video II
14. Fundamental English III: The 3 Basic Tenses
15. Making appointments & taking messages over the phone
16. Basic Sales Presentation
17. Taking a customer to the restaurant
18. Socialising & Entertaining
19. Banking, Booking Hotels, Shopping, Travel, Touring, Airports, …
20. Company Presentations
21. Graphical Analysis
22. If Clauses II
We may not teach the above in this order.
These are just a few of our ideas. As the course continues, we will certainly have more ideas and try to insert them into the course. However, your ideas and suggestions would be appreciated.
The above is the basis for each class. Business & General Conversation Courses can include a lot more than this, but classes are limited by the total course time and by the level of the students. Every class, we try to have 'warm-up' and 'warm-down' chit-chats. We also try to play games to increase the learning enjoyment of everyone, including Blockbusters, Titanic, and Lateral Thinking Puzzles.
Often we find that after Business & General Conversation Courses have started, it is necessary to teach additional material, especially if students make a lot of requests or have serious problems with English that need to be addressed. This sometimes means that there is not enough time to cover everything mentioned above. We hope you understand.
Business & General Conversation Courses include listening sections. If you require, these courses can also include some writing (Letters, Faxes, Emails, …)
Business & General Conversation Courses are kept as relaxed as possible. This helps everyone to increase in confidence and get some enjoyment from learning. Importantly, we try to keep the courses only in English. (No Thai will be allowed, except to explain difficult ideas or vocabulary.) Basic Grammar & Structure will be reviewed, but the most important thing is to get everyone speaking. This increases their confidence. This is why we may not correct students every time they make mistakes.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to EMAIL or telephone us.